You should talk to a nurse or doctor if:
- You think you may be expecting
- Your period that is next is than a week late
- Your duration is faster or lighter than typical
- You have got any sudden or pain that is unusual your reduced abdomen (this might be a indication of a ectopic maternity, where a fertilised egg implants outs
The crisis contraceptive tablet may communicate with other medications. Included in these are:
- The medicine that is herbal John’s Wort
- Some medications utilized to deal with epilepsy
- Some medicines utilized to deal with HIV
- Some medications utilized to deal with tuberculosis (TB)
- Medicine such as for example omeprazole (an antacid) to produce your belly less acid
EllaOne may not be utilized as it may not be effective if you are already taking one of these medicines.
Levonelle may nevertheless be utilized, nevertheless the dosage could need to be increased – your physician or pharmacist can advise with this.
There ought to be no discussion amongst the emergency pill & most antibiotics. Two enzyme-inducing antibiotics (called rifampicin and rifabutin), utilized to deal with or avoid meningitis or TB, may affect ellaOne while they’re being taken and for 28 times a short while later.
If you’d like to be sure your medications are safe to simply take utilizing the crisis contraceptive capsule, pose a question to your GP or even a pharmacist. It’s also advisable to browse the client information leaflet that is included with your medications.
Can I have the crisis contraceptive capsule ahead of time?
You might be in a position to get the emergency contraceptive supplement prior to having sex that is unprotected:
- You may be focused on your method that is contraceptive failing
- You’re taking place vacation
- You simply cannot get hold of crisis contraception effortlessly